Burmese Python RNAseq Project
This page is for the first iteration of a new research project at Davidson College. Students enrolled in this class will be collaborating with Drs. Malcolm Campbell, Laurie Heyer, and Shannon Pittman.
Each group will need to find papers related to the normal function of their organ. Furthermore, each group will need to learn about genes activated during cell division. We need to know that we have sampled the right cells and to know if the sampled tissue was beginning rapid growth.
Dr. C. Catch-all:
- reagents for cDNA production (docx) File:Reagents RNAseq May2015.docx
- library production (pptx) File:For Davidson.pptx
- KEGG database maps out metabolic pathways for many species. Burmese python is included (pyi)
- EST profile (human leptin receptor example)
- Burmese python genome at NCBI
- graphic view of Burmese python genome