DM Notes 2.11.16
Today's tasks: Team up.
- Team 1 Blast2GO - get genes mapped to GO terms.
- Team 2 DAVID
- Team 3 Work with DESeq manual
- Team 4 My team (Dylan, Dustin, Nick B, Saipriya): try to download GO terms and connect our gene names to those terms. Come up with list of GO terms for every gene.
- Dr C Using R at the Bench book, looking for any helpful notes
Process so far: looking for Burmese python GAF in GO database, haven't found any previous annotations.
- Pull organism GAF from GO database (Saipriya and I pulled the organism names. There are 443 different ones, though some are viruses, fungi, bacteria, etc.) The organisms GO has account for ~75% of the genes in our file.
- Pull gene names for each organism from contig file and associate those w/ the GAF GO ID#s
- Associate GO IDs with terms
Back to home Dylan Maghini