NHE Feb 4 Notes
Questions to think about:
1. What are we trying to get and how will we get there?
- What is the gene that triggers/begins the cascade of physiological changes in the small intestine?
- Would be ideal if we could find a specific process that the differentially regulated genes control
- Is the responsible gene only turned on or off for a small time range (quick switch) or does it stay on or off for a long period of time?
2. What do we need to do with each of the 12 data sets to be able to evaluate them later?
- Look for housekeeping genes or tissue specific genes
- If possible, confirm that we have the mucosa vs serosa
- instead of looking at differential expression first, could search by function as determined by GO