Sequencing at MWG Operon
How to Activate SimpleSeq Samples and Order DNA Sequencing
- Go to www.operon.com and log in. Username is Dr. C's full email address and the password is the nickname for the algae used in Bio111.
- In the “Order Now” drop-down menu on the right-hand side, click “Order – DNA sequencing”.
- If you already have your SimpleSeq tubes and are the first person to use this set of 96 tubes, click “Activate SimpleSeq Reactions”. If you are using a set of 96 tubes after one or more has been used, then all you have to do is click on the radio button that says "tubes" and fill in the form to notify them that the tubes are coming. This is step #6 described below.
- If you have to activate, then enter either the barcode located on the side of the tube rack or a barcode from any tube in the rack. Click “Activate”.
- Close out of that window.
- Select your appropriate “Format” and “Sample Format”
In this lab, the “Format” is usually “Tubes” and the “Sample Format” is usually “Premix DNA Template and Primer”
- For each DNA sample you’re submitting, enter:
-- “Barcode”: the barcode number of the tube.
-- “Sample Name”: the name of your sample.
-- “Template Type”: select “Plasmid” if using miniprepped DNA.
-- “Size (bp)”: the size of the whole vector including the insert.
When you’re finished, click “Submit Samples”.
- Review your order and click “Proceed to Shopping Cart”.
- If you are satisfied with your shopping cart, click “Checkout”.
- Select your shipping address and billing address and click “Next”.
- Enter your payment information and click “Next”.
How to Submit SimpleSeq Samples
If your sample format is “Premix DNA Template and Primer”:
- Mix 8 μL of template and 4 μL of primer for a total volume of 12 μL.
- Place the order on line, write down the order number, then call customer service with the order number to make sure they remove the FedEx charge. (800) 688-2248
- Make template and primer solutions that match the final concentration ranges listed below:
Catherine Doyle has found another way to get reasonable results with less DNA.
I add 8µL of 40ng/µL template and 4µL of 2µM primer.
Ship DNA sequencing template and primers to:
Eurofins MWG Operon
Attention: DNA Sequencing Lab
2211 Seminole Drive
Huntsville, AL 35805