How to make a new Registry page
Making a Registry Page
- Go to Registry of Biological Parts then login as the correct username
- Hit the tools tab and click add a part
- Click add a Basic Part
- Allow edits for Eckdahl Lab and for Davidson Lab (Just check Eckdahl's box and check one of Davidson's box)
- Copy what is directly under "next available part" (should be some letters followed by a sequence of numbers and if doing the Pupp promoter experiment, your part name is written on the Annealed Oligos Page hanging up in the lab)
- Paste this under Selected Part name
- Select your part type (ex. in this case for the Pupp promoter it is regulatory)
- Enter a short description (this is what people around the world will see) include what you did.
- If you get stumped on what to write go to Davidson's upp promoters and see what they wrote.
- Then go into detail on what you did and how it effected this sequence in the long description
- Enter in the source (ex. in the Pupp promoter experiment, the source was put as: Synthetic Oligonucleotides cloned into pClone Red
- Enter "None" in design consideration
- Click go on to enter sequence... annotations
- Edit your designer name (it should be your full name along with anybody else involved in the experiment)
- Click go to Part tools, then click edit sequence and features.
- Click the little blue edit button
- Enter in the top strand of your sequence leaving out the first four letters and the last four letters because those are just the sticky ends
- Click part tools and select edit sequence and features then click add a feature
- When adding a feature this will want you to select a type (ex. In PuppDel-10 there was a mutated -10 element so mutated was selected)
- Then add the label name
- Count left to right where the sequence starts and where it ends. Place those numbers on the start and end columns. The direction will be fwd.
- There may be more than one feature in the sequence so repeat the same procedure for other features (ex. PuppDel-10 had two features -35 element and the -10 element)
- Then save this and your entry will be added