Difference between revisions of "Pouring an Agarose Gel"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 17:03, 15 February 2017
Pouring an Agarose Gel
- Add 35 mL of 1X TAE buffer to a 125 ml flask
- Add agarose (0.35 grams agarose for 1% gel).
- Microwave for 50 seconds
- Swirl and microwave for 5 seconds - repeat 3 times
- Place flask in 55 C water bath to cool
- Add 5 µL of 10 mg/ml Ethidium Bromide (CAUTION: WEAR GLOVES)
- Swirl to mix and pour into gel tray with comb