Creating the Project
- Open MAGIC Tool using the launcher, which gives you access to additional RAM memory.
- Create a project called derisi_lab. This creates a folder called derisi_lab, containing a file called derisi_lab.gprj. (See the MAGIC Tool project tutorial for a reminder of how projects are organized.)
- Without closing MAGIC Tool, go to your computer's folder system (Finder on Mac or Explorer on Windows) and copy the following files into the derisi_lab project folder you just created with MAGIC Tool. (If you do not already have these files on your hard drive, download them by right-clicking [ctrl-click on Mac] on each link below.)
- derisi_genelist.txt (the gene list you created in the previous section, or a provided version of the same)
- derisi_first5.exp (the expression file for the first 5 timepoints)
- derisi_last2.exp ( the expression file for the last 2 timepoints)
- four tiff files:
- two grid files:
- yeastgenes.info (the yeast gene annotation information file)
- Go back to MAGIC Tool and select Update Project under the Project menu. This copies all the files from the top-level project folder into their appropriate subfolders.
- Depending on your interests, either continue to Generating Expression Ratios, or skip to Exploring Expression Ratios.
Return to online lab home page.
© Copyright 2004 Departments of Mathematics & Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com